Hi there, thanks for stopping by! I’m an avid reader, freelance writer, and author living in San Diego with my husband, preschool girl, and baby boy.
I’m horribly long winded so my fiction writing is naturally of the full-length-novel type. Sometimes, when I’m feeling ambitious, I’ll attempt a short story. My debut novel, Lessons in Gravity, will be released this October.
Some random autobiographical tidbits:
- I grew up in Pullman, Washington. It is not anywhere near Seattle. It’s dryland wheat farming country just seven miles from the Idaho border.
- I went to college at Oregon State University. Go Beavers!
- My first job out of college was being a surface warfare officer in the Navy.
- The best day job I’ve ever had was being the editor of a weekly newspaper. Lifeguarding in the summers at a sleep-away camp was pretty great, too.
- I spend a lot of time outdoors being mediocre (okay, poor) at a bunch of different sports: running, hiking, downhill skiing, cycling, rock climbing, and triathlon.
- I’ve been lucky to live in many beautiful places. See below.